Lesscars.org is a site devoted to promoting more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly transportation methods.
With today’s discussions about global warming and the greenhouse effect, it has become a major trend trying to find a new kind of transportation that will provide the freedom of modern cars while being a lot more environmentally friendly, the solutions are not only technical nature but also psychological, changing the way the general public looks upon transportation, is implemented.
Electric cars might seem like science-fiction today but the truth is that they have existed for over a hundred years, during the 1990s they were even a very upcoming means of transportation in the United States of America. The electric car is as clean as they come, running solely on electricity. Unfortunately, the interest in these vehicles has never met the goals set by the producers, mainly because the batteries take hours to recharge and will only take the vehicle 80 miles or so. Tesla and a number of other companies are set to change this.
Tesla is the most valuable car company in the world and owning Tesla stocks has been one of the best investments you could have made in the last few years. Buying stock in Tesla can therefore be a good way to promote the green automotive revolution while at the same time earning a high return on your money if the Tesla stock keeps increasing in value. Find brokers with commission-free trading that allows you to buy and sell Tesla stock.
Most popular electric cars
- Tesla Model 3: Known for its impressive range, performance, and safety features, the Model 3 has been Tesla’s best-selling vehicle and one of the most popular electric cars worldwide.
- Nissan Leaf: The Nissan Leaf has been a staple in the electric vehicle (EV) market since its introduction in 2010. It’s a more affordable option with a reputation for reliability.
- Chevrolet Bolt EV: This compact electric car offers a respectable range at a more affordable price than many competitors. It’s also praised for its roomy interior.
- Tesla Model S: This luxury electric sedan is known for its high performance and long range, with certain models reaching over 400 miles on a single charge.
- Tesla Model Y: A compact SUV with a long electric range and access to Tesla’s expansive Supercharger network.
- BMW i3: This luxury compact car stands out with its unique design and high-quality, eco-friendly interior.
- Audi e-Tron: Audi’s first fully electric SUV offers a comfortable ride, a luxurious interior, and impressive tech features.
- Ford Mustang Mach-E: Ford’s first all-electric SUV, the Mustang Mach-E combines the brand’s legendary sports car name with the practicality of an SUV.
- Volkswagen ID.4: The ID.4 is Volkswagen’s answer to the growing demand for electric SUVs, boasting a modern design, spacious interior, and decent range.
- Hyundai Kona Electric: The Kona Electric is a compact SUV with an impressive electric range and a host of standard features.
The popularity of electric cars can shift rapidly as newer models are introduced and existing models are updated with new features, improved range, and other enhancements. For the most up-to-date information, it’s advisable to check current market trends, recent vehicle reviews, and manufacturer websites.
Hybrid cars are a combination of a standard vehicle and an electric car making it possible to choose. While inside a city the car can run solely on electricity creating no pollution at all and once inside the standard engine kicks in giving the vehicle both the speed and range of a standard car. With a clever design, this vehicle recharges itself and will never need to be recharged externally, although with an external recharge system the car will both be cheaper and cleaner.
Improving your car
All cars can be made greener with the use of modern equipment and responsible driving. You do not need to spend a fortune on your car to make it greener. There are a number of small things that you can do. Things that don’t only make the car greener but also more economical and durable. Things that everyone benefits from doing.
Some of the things you can do to make your car run greener include:
- Wash your car and engine regularly. Grit and dirt can increase friction, reduce heat exchange and otherwise affect the car. By washing your car you will also extend its lifespan.
- Change air and oil filters regularly. Both are very cheap to replace and it is something you can do yourself without the need for a mechanic. By changing the filter you allow the car to work more efficiently.
- Regularly change the oil. By checking the oil levels and changing the oils you can improve the performance of the engine.
- Use new high-quality tires. Old tires do not offer the same grip and might not roll as well as new tires. This increases fuel consumption and pollution. You should always replace your tires before they get too old. Before you and your car start suffering from the deterioration of the tires.
- Chose a more economical tire. Some cars perform better and are more economical if they are fitted with a specific tire dimension. This is not necessary the dimension that the car has from the factory. The factory tire is chosen to work in all conditions. Another tire type or dimension might be a better choice in your local area with your local climate. Many tire stores such as this one will be able to help you find the perfect tire for your car. If your local tire company can’t help you then you can choose to ask in a mileage forum such as Fuelly instead.
You can learn more about how to reduce your gas consumption on this government website.
Public transportation is still the best way to get around and large governmental campaigns are trying to get the general public to understand this. Mostly running on electricity and carrying the passengers of several cars public transportation is both clean and effective. Even buses are good for the environment depending on how many passengers it carries. Implementing new inventions on buses though will make them as environmentally friendly as any tram or subway.
Carpooling works sort of as public transportation but on a much smaller scale. One car with five people inside produces much less pollution than five cars with one person in each. Carpooling can also help the general public to avoid traffic jams since there will be a lot fewer cars on the roads going from point A to point B, steady flowing traffic also means less pollution. With the modern means of communication, the Internet and cell phones, carpooling is easy and everybody will benefit from it, both economically and medically. A new type of carpooling is ride-matching where you find a new carpool every time you are going somewhere. You meet up with different people going to the same place you are.